TAMUG Game Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board Games

4 posters

Go down

Board Games Empty Board Games

Post  Thomas Palmer Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 pm

I like board games, I hope y'all do too, as most board games require more than one person :-)

Board Games I Like:

• Settlers of Catan
  • Risk

Please reply if you like either of these games, and/or reply with any other games you may like.

Thomas Palmer

Back to top Go down

Board Games Empty Re: Board Games

Post  Salty Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 am

I love Risk, but haven't played Settlers of Catan.
Salty
Salty
Boss

https://tamuggameclub.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Palmer Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 am

Check Out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlers_of_Catan

It is based on tiles which are randomly shuffled and placed together in to make a hexagonal shaped board; This makes each game unique. There are land tiles which go in the center, and then there are water tiles that go on the outside. Each land tile is one of 5 natural resources needed to expand your settlement. Some of the water tiles have ports so you can trade resources with the "bank". Each land tile has a small number tile which is randomly placed on it, so when two dice are rolled at the beginning of each person's turn, if you are on a land tile that has a number that has been rolled, you get that resource. As you expand, you get points, and once you get 10 points, you win. It is for 3-4 players, or you can up it to 5-6 players with an expansion set. Game play typically lasts 2 to 3 hours for a 3-4 player game. It is really easy to learn, and is very dynamic which is why I love it. You don't need a strategy to win, but there are many strategies people like to try.

Thomas Palmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:48 am

I have played risk before, but just with three people. I think if at least six of us get together, then it will be more fun.
Stephen
Stephen
Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bri Lones Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:07 pm

I don't know about ya'll, but I like Monopoly. Its a simple yet fun board game that everybody can play.
Bri Lones
Bri Lones
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Bri Lones wrote:I don't know about ya'll, but I like Monopoly. Its a simple yet fun board game that everybody can play.

I would like to play that as well, it is fun and doesn't have complex rules.
Stephen
Stephen
Marshal

Back to top Go down

Board Games Empty I Got My Board Games Now

Post  Thomas Palmer Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:39 pm

I went home yesterday and picked up my board games: Settlers of Catan and (2 different versions of) Risk. I also picked up two card games: Quiddler and Five Crowns. The card games may not be as exciting as board games, but I like them.

Thomas Palmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down